Here we are at the beginning of a new year. As you reflect over the last year… Ask yourself…
Did I live my life or did I just exist? Did you wake up every day with a plan? If you didn’t let me share with you that you are so much more productive when you have a to do list for your day.
If you’ve been meaning to go back to school, do it. Lose weight? Do it. Infiltrate a new social circle? Do it. Develop a relationship with another person? Do it!
Don’t ever forget the simple rules to achieving anything you want.
- Set goals that motivate you. (NOT UNREALISTIC)
- Write it down. (ALL OF YOUR GOALS)
- Put a date on it. (WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT BY)
- Figure out what you need to do to achieve your goal. (PEOPLE YOU NEED TO MEET… ETC)
- Don’t stop until you reach your goals.
- Once you reach those goals, set new ones IMMEDIATELY!
Setting goals is an exercise that is much more than just writing down dreams and saying you want them to happen. You need to clearly define exactly what you want and also know why you even want it, to begin with. Without this critical step your odds of success are considerably reduced to almost guaranteeing your failure.