Is it possible to meet a great guy online? Absolutely! Is it easy? The answer is no.
Now, as it pertains to Facebook… I would say that although it’s not a dating site, if you’ve had a silent friend on your friend’s list that has been checking out what you post and never commented and all of a sudden he inboxes you… You might just want to take a look.
As far as dating sites go… All of those men can’t possibly be everything you’re looking for. So, as woman I’m telling you this… DO NOT feel like you have to settle for the guy on date #6. This means if you’ve met several men from the dating site and none of them seem like the right one… Or you had virtual chemistry but it didn’t jump off like that in real life… GO ON A SECOND DATE! Do not just weed out a person after your 1st meeting.
So, what are some things to look for? First of all, stop focusing on “your type” of guy or on “is he outside your age range”. I promise you, there’s a whole new world out there with a guy who is “not your type” and you can FALL IN LOVE with him and be very happy.
Of most importance is character. He can say all sorts of wonderful things on a profile and misrepresent or disguise who he really is.
Things to look for:
- He talks about things he likes to do.
- He describes YOU in that part that of his profile that says “What I’m Looking For”.
- He writes about his past, present and future.
- He seems, friendly, open to suggestions and has “no specific agenda” other than to meet.
- He’s intelligent.
- Once you meet, he makes you feel comfortable and SAFE.
- He shares common values with you.
Things to look out for:
- He talks about sex.
- He’s separated or recently separated.
- He tells you to “follow” him and makes you feel bad for not wanting to converse with him about sex.
- He’s looking for someone as young as 25 and he’s at least 40.
- He tries to convince YOU that he’s ready for a relationship.
- He tells you you’re everything he’s looking for and you guys haven’t even met yet.
- Upon planning a date, he insists on picking you up.
Do not wait too long before meeting. You need to see if you have things in common OFFLINE. Do not pick profiles based solely on looks. Remember, there is Photo Shop. Pictures are worth a thousand words . Just like profile pictures may reveal potential deception, pay attention to the other pictures on the profile as well. Are all the pictures of the person drinking or partying? These reveal something about the person’s character.
The most important thing to remember is QUALITY over QUANTITY. Instead of going out on 35 dates, make sure a man is qualified to be your potential partner before you invest any time whatsoever. ONLY GO FOR QUALITY MEN. And have FUN on your date!